An Endowed Scholarship Fund with the St. Croix Valley Foundation offers the following benefits to fund holders:
- the administrative burdens and costs associated with maintaining and investing the scholarship fund are bypassed
- the scholarship committee can participate in determining criteria and selecting recipients
- SCVF professionals can help clarify the criteria, application and scoring rubric
- SCVF keeps a record of the scholarship recipients
- SCVF provides accountability, as the Foundation is overseen by a Board of Directors and conducts annual audits.